Monday, October 14, 2024

Whoever Has the Son!

October 14, 2024 Monday Message:

1 John 5:11-12 NLT: “This is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.

Eternal life means spending the hereafter in the presence of God, in his Kingdom, as an adopted member of the Holy Family. We have been forgiven through the work of Jesus, made pure and innocent, suitable for living in God’s house. And Jesus is the deciding factor in our eternal destination. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life. It’s that simple!

This verse was shown to me back in my college days, and I memorized it as my “life verse.” This scripture is the bottom line in being a Christian. If Jesus is with you, you’re good. If you don’t know Jesus, you’re out!

My prayer is that more and more people would come to know the Son. Jesus commissioned believers to share this Good News with all nations, and for years South Minneapolis was my territory. Now I’ve branched out into Burnsville, where my wife and I live, south of the Minnesota River. The Father’s House is my Sunday Morning church, but last weekend I was in Afton, Minneapolis, St. Louis Park and St. Paul, speaking or singing!

Seekers don’t always come to us. Sometimes we have to go to them. That’s what itinerant ministry is all about. Believers need to get in the habit of saying “yes” when called upon to serve!

Have a great week! Blessings!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus In the City Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment