Friday, March 22, 2024

I AM!

For Friday, March 22, 2024:

Mark 14:61b NLT: “Then the high priest asked Jesus, ‘Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?’”

In Egypt, the Lord spoke to Moses from a burning bush that did not consume itself. God appointed him leader of the Israelite slaves, and sent him to Pharaoh to demand: “Let my people go!” This would be an arduous assignment, but in the end the Lord’s people prevailed.

Moses feared that no one would believe he spoke with the Lord. So he inquired of God, “They’ll ask your name. What should I tell them?”

God replied, “The I AM has sent me to you.” To me, this is one of the highlights of the Bible. God didn’t say, “I WAS some time ago,” and he didn’t say, I WILL BE at some point in the future.” He said, “I AM, always have been and always will be.” God is defining himself as eternal. The Creator will still be with us until the end of time!

So how did Jesus answer the high priest’s question? The same way God responded to Moses’ question: “I AM!” And Jesus continued, “You will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand, and coming on the clouds of heaven.” In other words, Jesus will ascend to the Father in heaven. As Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” And when it’s time to judge the earth, Jesus will once again return. We call it the second coming. He’ll be riding his white horse through the clouds in the sky!

And we’ll all say, “The I AM still IS!”

Norton Lawellin

Jesus In the City Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment