Monday, April 9, 2018

Psalms 136 - His Love Endures Forever

April 9, 2018 Monday Message:

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever.” Psalms 136:1 NIV

As children, we sang, “Jesus Loves Me.” But the love of God isn’t just for children – it’s for ALL of us. And God’s love is for all time – past, present and future. God’s desire is that none would perish, but that ALL would repent and return. In other words, there’s a spot in heaven with your name on it, and God wants you to claim it.

The original word used here for God’s love is “chesed,” which is often translated, “everlasting lovingkindness.” In the English language, we have only one word for “love.” I love my car; I love my dog; I love my wife; I love my God! We use the same word, but its meaning varies with context.

God’s love for mankind cannot be adequately described by any single word in the English language, but “everlasting lovingkindness” gets us close. God loves us so much that he sent his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NLT

Every verse in Psalm 136 ends the same way: “His (God’s) love endures forever.”

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship meets next Sunday, Apr. 15, 2018, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. Pastor Michael Pilla continues post-Easter messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment